A sweet friend asked me to help her design a few signs and artwork to add to her newly redecorated playroom and this was one of the pieces we came up with. Have you ever had a piece of artwork that you loved but was a little “blah” or outdated? Don’t give up on it just yet. I’m a firm believer in that there isn’t anything a little paint and glitter can’t make fantastic again! Gold paint and gold glitter no less 🙂
DIY Gold Glitter Sign Tutorial
– a piece of artwork that spells a word. I got this HELLO sign from Hobby Lobby or you can find other words HERE
– a bottle of gold metallic spray paint. I love this brand here
– medium coarse gold glitter. I used THIS ONE
– Modge Podge or Elmer’s glue
– Glitter Sealer. This one is the BEST!
1. Take your piece of artwork and give a good cleaning with a damp cloth.
2. Then take your bottle of spray paint and spray the entire piece. Let it dry for a few hours. I had to do several coats of paint to evenly cover all the grooves.
3. Cover with glitter until you can’t see any more glue. Give it a little pat to make the glitter stick to the glue and then turn it over and give it a little shake to get the access glitter off.
I hope this tutorial inspires you to redo a piece of artwork and give it a little glittery update! I’ll be posting pics of the playroom in the coming days!